Every month, we announce the major Localist Platform features, functionality and fixes that have been deployed recently. Here’s what was launched in November:
- Added JSON output to our API in preparation for Localist API 2.0.
- Added ability to force event type/group/department assignment on incoming event
- Added support for time zones to the iCal feed importer.
- Added support for platform-specific privacy setting default values.
- Added near/within geographical criteria to API.
- Optimized all platform UI images for better performance.
- Optimized photo cropper algorithm.
- Widgets are now location-aware! Event results can be dynamically sorted based on proximity to the user.
- Cleaned up user settings when user is logged in via single sign-on.
- Event listings can now show their associated type and department below the title. Check Cornell’s calendar for an example.
- Completely redesigned admin newsletter interface for more intuitive content curation.
- Changed event attendee list to show an accurate count, even if users mark their attendance as private.